Fire

Home – Business – Dwelling – Wildfire

Smart – Efficient – Legal Solutions

Home – Business – Dwelling – Wildfire 

When a home or business is damaged by a fire, policyholders often turn to their insurance company to help them pick up the pieces.

Unfortunately, insurance companies often deny or underpay legitimate claims.
If your claim has been wrongfully denied or you feel that your insurer did not provide adequate compensation, call us.

We help policyholders recover after their property or business has been damaged by a fire.

We pride ourselves in aggressively handling fire insurance claims while guiding our clients through the claims process.

We have assisted many clients to recover the compensation they deserve following a fire.

Experienced attorneys who are protecting rights, and building future, one client at a time.

We help you with…

Home

Homeowner insurance
Fire insurance
Insurance bad faith
Under insured
Underpaid
Unseen damages
Contracts
Litigation
Negotiations

Business

Business insurance
Fire insurance
Insurance bad faith
Under insured
Underpaid
Unseen damages
Contracts
Litigation
Negotiations

Dwelling

Homeowner insurance
Fire insurance
Insurance bad faith
Under insured
Underpaid
Unseen damages
Contracts
Litigation
Negotiations

Wildfire

Customer complaints
Dispute resolution
Contracts
Litigation
Negotiations
Policy
Rate disputes
Regulatory compliance
Regulatory counseling
Regulatory proceedings
Permit
Power purchase
Agreements
PURPA

Know Your Rights

• Your insurance carrier must provide copy of your policy, including the declaration page and any endorsements, within 3 business days.

• A certified copy of your policy must be provided within 30 days of the request.

• In the event of a total loss of an owner-occupied primary residence, 30% of the personal property coverage must be paid in a timely manner without itemization. The policy owner can submit a personal property inventory to claim the remaining 70% of coverage.

• A reasonable estimate of the loss of the covered property must be paid within 60 days of the loss.

• Insures MUST consider, subject to the insurer’s underwriting requirements, an estimate from a licensed contractor or licensed architect submitted by the policyholder as the basis for establishing the replacement cost of a dwelling.

• Policy owners have one year after the loss to submit their personal property inventory.

• Penalty interest may apply on late payments to policyholders.

 

 

 

Crystal J. McDonough

Crystal J. McDonough

Owner and Attorney

Licensed in Colorado and Wyoming

D. Scott Slawson

D. Scott Slawson

Attorney

Licensed in Colorado, Wyoming and California

Natascha O'Flaherty

Natascha O'Flaherty

Attorney

Licensed in Colorado

Let’s Work Together

McDonough Law, LLC BBB Business Review