When thinking about your 2020 New Year’s resolution. It may be a perfect time to include estate planning on the list and it’s easy to procrastinate major decisions that seem overwhelming.
McDonough Law will help you navigate your estate planning needs and will work with you to create an estate plan that tells your loved ones how you want decisions to be made, how your hard earned assets should be distributed and who will care for your children at the end of your life.
Here are some suggestions to help with your estate planning resolutions:
- Complete a review of all your assets, real property, accounts and valuables. This list will help organize your thoughts about what you should include in your estate plan.
- Discuss with your family potential distribution of assets and how that would be handled.
- Make an evaluation of which assets you already have directed beneficiary designations that would not be included in your estate plan.
- If you already have an estate plan, you will want to have it reviewed to include any changes in the law.
- Make an appointment to speak with one of our experienced attorneys, who can help you through the planning process.
No matter the size of your estate, your family will thank you for having a plan in place to ensure that your wishes are honored. After all, they cannot ensure your wishes are honored if it is not clear what you want.
Contact McDonough Law LLC at 970-776-3311 today to schedule your free consultation.